Carbide Saw Blade Specification Manual: P.18 Carbide Tips: Size and Placement
Size and placement of tips shall (unless specified otherwise) be as listed below, with the stated tolerances:
• Length 0.500″ (1/2″) nominal* + / – 0.005″ before grinding
• Thickness 0.125″ (1/8″) nominal* + / – 0.005″ before grinding
• Height above back 0.060″ + / – 0.010″
• Face outset 0.080″ + / – 0.010″
- Length and thickness: Use a dial caliper to measure at least 3 tips on either new or retipped saws.
- Positioning: Check that tips are set parallel to the notches and that too much carbide was not ground off the tip faces.
- Height above back and face outset: Use a dial caliper on at least 3 random tips.
Buy Tenryu and Popular Tools saw blades
Leave a Reply