Carbide Saw Blade Specification Manual: P. 13 Saw Plates: Gullet Profile
- Pitch shall be equal, ± 0.010″.
- Hook angle shall be as specified, ± 1 degree.
- Back clearance angle is normally specified as 9°, ± 1°.
- Tooth and gullet dimensions shall be ± 0.030″ of the furnished drawing.
- Pitch: Use a dial caliper to measure between tips of adjacent teeth. Check at least three.
- Hook angle: Use a precision protractor to measure this angle on at least 3 teeth.
- Back clearance angle: Use a precision protractor to measure this angle on at least 3 teeth.
- Gullet profile: Use a rule and/or dial caliper to measure differences between the sample and the drawing (or rubbing) provided with the order. For gullet diameter on standard teeth, use a dial caliper to measure from the edge of the notch base to the other side of the gullet.
- Gullet area: Trace gullet shape on 1/8″ graph paper. Count the 1/8″ squares and calculate the area. (Note that 64 squares equals on square inch.)
Buy Tenryu and Popular Tools saw blades
7 Responses to “Carbide Saw Blade Specification Manual: P. 13 Saw Plates: Gullet Profile”
Leave a Reply