Carbide Saw Blade Specification Manual: P. 19 Carbide Tips: Grinding
Grinding angles and tolerances shall be as listed below:
Recommended Angle Tolerance
• Kerf (tip width) +0.000″ / – 0.002″
• Hook Angle 30° +/- 1 Degree
• Top Clearance 8° +/- 1 Degree
• Radial Clearance 3° +/- 1 Degree
• Tangential Clearance 3° +/- 1 Degree
• Side Clearance (left or right) Equal +/- 0.0011,
- Kerf: Use standard 0-1″ “C” micrometer on several random tips.
- Hook and top clearance angles: Use a precision protractor on several random tips.
- Radial Clearance: Use a 0-1″ micrometer with pointed anvils. Measure several random tips – see angle equivalent table in appendix.
- Tangential Clearance: Use a 0-1″ micrometer with pointed anvils. Measure several random tips.
- Side Clearance: Use a side clearance gauge to check centering. Measure several random tips on each side.
Buy great custom saw blades
Buy Tenryu and Popular Tools saw blades
Leave a Reply