Carbide Saw Blade Specification Manual: P.21 Strobe Saws: Cutters
Strob Saws: Cutters
All design elements of the Strob slot shall be as specified, within the following tolerances:
• Material Stellite/Carbide
• Insert Hardness ± 1 Rockwell
• Width Kerf-0.010″ +0.000″ / -0.003″
• Thickness 1/8″ nominal before brazing
• Side Clearance Equal ± 0.002″
• Tangential Clearance 2 Degrees ± 1 Degree
- Hardness. Hardness testing requires a bench type instrument with a Rockwell “A” indenter and performed by qualified personnel. If equipment is not available, sample tips may be sent to a qualified testing facility, for evaluation.
- Width. Measure with a dial caliper.
- Thickness. Use a dial caliper
- Side Clearance. Use a side clearance gauge to check each insert, on each side, along its entire length.
- Tangential Clearance Angle. Use a 0-1″ micrometer with pointed anvils. – see angle equivalent table in appendix.
Leave a Reply